Saturday, January 24, 2015

Evil Sub Plans


I have a special kind of loathing for sub plans. However, they are kind of like high heels: a necessary evil in life. Setting up detailed sub plans is very very important and it's definitely something at which I have never been very good. Leaving proper sub plans ensures that students do not miss out on a day of learning while you are sprawled on the couch hacking up a lung.

My weekend project is a Substitute Teacher binder, aimed at improving upon my ability to leave really good, really detailed sub plans. Some teachers do folders, drawers, "sub tubs" and more. I am combing different methods into one to try and get better at leaving very good sub plans for future absences. When the project is complete, I will post some photos.

For now, I am going to our another cup of coffee and enjoy looking out the window at the beautiful snow that is falling.

Happy Learning! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment