Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Welcome!

This blog has been created to help your children learn to be confident readers, by giving you some tools to teach them. In my posts, I will be using strategies and ideas of my own, mixed with those found in books and on the internet. I don't know it all so I aim to not just share my ideas, but to also bring together what I believe are the best ideas, strategies and tools.

I firmly believe that every child can learn. And if you have been told that your child can't learn, all that means to me is that the teachers in your child's life have not yet found a way to educate him/her.

Some Background
I am trained as a teacher of young children. I attended Salem State College and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology, then I attended American International College and graduated with a Master's Degree in Elementary Education. I am currently a certified teacher for students grades pre-school through sixth grade. For one year, I was a Special Education teaching assistant and later worked for three years as a third grade teacher. Now, I am expecting my second child and am spending my days raising my three-year-old son, watching two of my nephews and writing. In addition, I am working on my Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study (CAGS) in Reading and Literacy at American International College.


I hope you subscribe and find this blog helpful to working with your children to become Confident Little Readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment